I was so excited when I found out we would be able to go to Mexico this year. I have not been since I had the boys. I spent many weeks there every summer growing up. I have been going there for almost 30 years now. I could not wait to experience with the boys all the things I have so many fun memories doing. Ryder got to experience the long two 12 hour day drive down with my grandpa. My grandma the kids and myself got to enjoy the nice 2 1/2 hour flight. It was their first time flying and Reid loved every second of it.
Grady was so exhausted after a long day of traveling, he fell asleep in great grandpa Jerry's chair eating pringles.
The boys were so excited to be able to go in the ocean with "No waves". They were going to go snorkeling and boogie boarding. And they did. We could not ask for better weather. No wind = no jellyfish and that makes us happy!
We heard that there were some wild Burro's living up on the hill and they each had a baby. Well of course if you know me we had to go check that out. I took them licorice and they loved it and all was good, the first time. But the second time we went back they decided to be a little more greedy and a little more assertive. They fallowed us all the way home. We decided we should not go feed them anymore. As cute as they were maybe it was not so smart to take your kids to see two wild burro's with no fence in between you???
But gosh they were sure cute!
And you cant go to baja without running down a random dirt road! Especially when you have to boys with ants in their pants when you are trying to get breakfast where she cooks everything from scratch, when you order. But very worth the wait!
Ryder went fishing and caught us a nice big tuna, 30+ pounds!!! He had a great time and we all had a great dinner. It was a 3 course meal. First we had sashimi, then seared ahi, then baked tuna. It was all sooooo yummy! Thanks Ry!
Reid got sick on mothers day, poor baby! He did not really leave his cot for 2 days. He was such a trooper.
Overall the trip was so much fun! We cant wait to go back next year. We decided 7 days is not long enough, next time will be for longer. Its so hard to come back to reality, when you are on Baja time. Everything is just so slow paced and easy going.
Now we are home, grocery shopping, laundry, dog watching, Ry is working, two sickie boys, albuterol breathing treatments around the clock and now ear infection. Ohhhh take me back to Mexico, Baja California!!

Love your Blog Karie!!! You know I had a dream recently where the Brickley family bought the Johnson's Baja house...really I did!
ReplyDeleteLove to you and all your boys,
Glenda
Thanks Glenda! I love Baja, but I just dont know if it would be the same to ever go there with out Grandma and Grandpa??? Thats so funny about your dream, Ryder would love to buy the house! Hope that you all are doing well.
ReplyDeleteLove, Karie